Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 3 - Ciao Venice

We awoke at a most ridiculously early hour to take, what should have been a day trip, a morning excursion to the nearby lagoon island of Burano. Famous for its brightly coloured homes and lace (apparently), we found a pleasant, small, genuine community where if you want to paint your house or put up curtains, you have to run it by a commitee of good taste first.

Reflections

My favourite house

Keith sauntering...

Keith's favourite house

Main street

We returned to Venice for cappucino and to finish packing... as we were off to Rome.

This is me packing light:


5 comments:

Jenn said...

I really like the first picture with the reflections of all the coloured houses!

Anonymous said...

The houses are so colourful.

Jenn M said...

beautiful! I also love the brightly painted houses!

Theresa T said...

Looks like you are having a great trip. Love the colours and reflections in the first photo.

I hear ya about packing light. I believe it is something in our chromosones that prevent that from ever happening.

Marlene said...

Jill - thanks for the comment. :)

It sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime and I am so happy! Your photos are just stunning. I hope to see these magical places one day.

Can't wait to read about Rome!